This update is mostly focused on expanding options for crafting and making it more exciting.
- A new character role called crafting has been added to Sub-Archetypes, Talents, Abilities, and Upgrades.
- New rules for harvesting materials and diseases.
- Four new Paths: Path of Crafting, Path of Defense, Path of Heroism, and Path of Polymathy.
- Eight new Abilities: Reuse Item, Uncover Lesser Name, Uncover Name, Quicken Loot, Uncover Legendary Name, Adopt Dead Shell, Fusion, and Summon Legend.
- 27 new Lesser Talents: Artist Craft, Engineer Craft, Hacker Craft, Harvester, Historian Craft, Improviser Craft, Mage Craft, Medic Craft, Money Crafter, Optimize the Process, Rainbow Armament, Scientist Craft, Shared Vision, Superior Atomic Vision, Superior Dimensional Vision, Superior Electromagnetic Vision, Superior Life Vision, Superior Night Vision, Superior Omega Vision, Superior Psychic Vision, Superior Seismic Vision, Superior Smell Vision, Superior Sound Vision, Superior Supernatural Vision, Superior Thermal Vision, Superior X-Ray Vision, and Survivor Craft.
- Ten new Greater Talents: Artist Craftsmanship, Engineer Craftsmanship, Experimental Design, Hacker Craftsmanship, Historian Craftsmanship, Improviser Craftsmanship, Mage Craftsmanship, Medic Craftsmanship, Scientist Craftsmanship, and Survivor Craftsmanship.
- 15 new upgrades: Artist’s Crafting Kit, Built-In Armor, Built-In Equipment, Efficient Tools, Engineer’s Crafting Kit, Gathering Bag, Hacker’s Crafting Kit, Historian’s Crafting Kit, Improviser’s Crafting Kit, Mage’s Crafting Kit, Material Generator, Medic’s Crafting Kit, Quicken Tools, Scientist’s Crafting Kit, and Survivor’s Crafting Kit.
- Five new Traits: Endurance over Will, Greater Vision, Not Beyond My Grasp, Unpredictable Craft, and Unreliable Craft.
- The Talents Improvisation Master, Improvisation Adept, and Computers Adept have been reworked and no longer grant crafting-related boons.
- The Ability Possess now gives the user two Levels of Madness after the effect stops.
- The Lesser Talent Not My Rider has been renamed to Harmonic Mount and now also affects any ally you are climbing.
- The upgrade Mounted Weapon has been renamed to Built-In Weapon and now can also be applied to Equipment.
- The Trait I am no Hero now has -5 Trait points instead of -3.
- Mechanics for three diseases have been added to the World Interaction Chapter.
- One new Lesser Talent: Not My Rider.
- Two new Greater Talents: Pre-Loaded Shot and Quick Headshot.
- Seven new Upgrades Addictive Item, Anointed Item, Armor Mounted Weapon, Consecrated Item, Corrupting Item, Holy Item, and Sentient Item.
- Four new weapons: Heavy Pistol, Heavy Revolver, Hand Cannon, and Sawed-Off Shotgun.
- The jumping rules have been reworked so that you no longer require movement to finish a jump. A jump can now generate negative movement that can reduce your movement on your next turn.
- The hand crossbow now no longer works with the Greater Talent Revolver Hero. They are now instead covered by Pre-Loaded Shot.
- Buck Shot now also worked with sawed-off shotguns.
I want to thank Gold Zephzellian. The new Abilities were his idea, and he helped find many mistakes in different features that have been corrected in this patch.
- Two new Abilities: Sustained Fire and Sustained Onslaught.
- The Tinkerer can now craft any Ability Item and Ability Consumable from the pool of Utility Abilities that they can learn.
- The Demolition Archetype can now choose Strength and Dexterity as their Primary Stat and Will as their Secondary Stat.
- The Path of Maneuver now only applies their bonuses on attacks made with the Attack action.
- The range of the healing action that the Healing Flow Abilities grant can now be increased by Abilities, upgrades, and features that increase the range of your Abilities.
- The Greater Talents Kinetic Charge, Quick as Lightning, and Running Momentum now take into account how much you have moved and have been moved during the entire round instead of just your turn.
- Abilities can now also be filtered by character role.
- Shields now increase the WP cost of Non-Manouver Abilities by 1 WP instead of the earlier subtraction to damage, healing, and DR Power. The Lesser Talent Shield Mage has been reworked correspondingly.
- Two new Abilities: Mental Rage and Mental Frenzy.
- Two new Greater Talents: Second Phase and Ultimate Transformation.
- One new Lesser Talent: Surprising Speed.
- One new Trait: Lack of Control.
- Almost all weapon attack Maneuver Abilities now have the option to upcast them for 1 WP to increase the attack roll by 1.
- The Ability Precision Attack now increases attack rolls by 3 instead of 1 to elevate it more from the other weapon attack Maneuver Abilities.
- You can now apply the effects of the Leaders Aura of the Leader Sub-Archetype at the start or end of your turn.
- The Controller Sub-Archetype has been reworked and has more options.
- The Greater Talent Rushing Advantage has been reworked. It now affects your entire turn but can only be used a number of times equal to your Primary Stat Bonus per full rest.
I want to thank The Able Lexi for helping me with the Infector.
- Ten new Sub-Archetype (one for each Archetype): Absorber, Demoralizer, Ambusher, Barrier Master, Devotee, Infector, Seer, Alchemist, Guru, and Blooddrinker.
- One new Greater Talent I Can See You.
- The Sub-Archetype Artisan has been reworked. They now purply focus on non-consumable items.
- The Lesser Talent Expand Vision has been nerfed and now only grants an increase of 10 m instead of 50 m.
- The Abilities Absorb Elemental, Absorb Mystic, Absorb Physical, Absorb Psychic, and Absorb Reality have been worked and only absorb a fixed amount of damage now, which can be increased by upcasting it.
I want to thank Tavern Stories for inspiring this patch and allowing me to borrow ideas from him.
- Ten new Sub-Archetype (one for each Archetype): Shield Master, Embolder, Shadow, Bombardier, Channeler, Leecher, Protagonist, Armorer, Breaker, and Vindicator.
- 13 new Abilities: Exploit Opening, Elemental Retribution, Mystic Retribution, Physical Retribution, Psychic Retribution, Reality Retribution, Leech Attack, Leech Seed, Elemental Run, Mystic Run, Physical Run, Psychic Run, and Reality Run.
- 4 new Lesser Talents: Creepy Crawler, Limit-Break Infusion, No Prone-ble, and Overcharged Infusion.
- 4 new Greater Talents: Clothes of the Mage, Heavily Protected, Lighty Armored Assassin, and Soldiers Armor.
- Vulnerability to damage now increases the received damage by half instead of doubling it.
- The Lesser Talent Weakness Exploiter now doubles the damage dealt to creatures with vulnerabilities instead of tripling it.
- The sniper rifle now has a range of 30m/150m instead of 50m/500m.
- The crossbow now has a range of 10m/40m instead of 15m/45m.
- The Greater Talent Master Sniper now increases the range of sniper rifles by 20m/350m.
- All Presence Abilities like Distracting Presence and Eroding Presence now count as Buffs and not ad Debuffs.
- The Protector’s and Retaliator’s final features have been reworked.
- Two new undead creatures: Poltergeist and Skeleton Warrior.
- Two new Abilities: Draining Grasp and Barrier Shield.
- One new Greater Talent: Quantity over Quality.
- One new Lesser Talent: Quality over Quantity.
- Ten new Traits: Cinematic Hero, I Follow No Path, Less Narrative Momentum, Low Temporary Vitality, More Narrative Momentum, More Temporary Vitality, More Vitality, More Willpower, No Archetype Feature, and No Sub-Archetype.
- 14 new control- and support-focused armor and weapon upgrades: Defensive Pulse Armor, Defensive Pulse Weapon, Enforcing Pulse Armor, Evading Pulse Armor, Focusing Pulse Armor, Focusing Pulse Weapon, Healing Pulse Armor, Healing Pulse Weapon, Inspiring Pulse Armor, Inspiring Pulse Weapon, Mighty Pulse Armor, Mighty Pulse Weapon, Strengthening Pulse Armor, and Strengthening Pulse Weapon.
- The Ability Snake Spirit has been nerfed and now only increases your crit chance by one instead of three, and the upcast cost for increased crit chance has been increased from 2 to 3.
- The Ability Barrier has been reworked. It now only costs 2 WP instead of 4 and increases the Armor by 6 but only against one effect instead of until your next turn. It also only costs 1RP to use now instead of 2.
- The Ability Swallow now gives you the option to choose your damage type when you learn it instead of forcing you to deal Chemical damage.
- The Greater Talent Twin Shot now grants disadvantage on both attacks instead of -5 to the attack roll.
- The Lesser Talents Alternative Dodging and Snowflake have been merged into the new Lesser Talent Unique.
- Four new animated creatures: Air Elemental, Earth Elemental, Fire Elemental, and Water Elemental.
- Five new Traits: Basically an Object, Crippling Damage, Crippling Status Effect, Light Weight, and Mixed Ancestry.
- Buffed and reworked the Sub-Archetype Blocker.
- Expanded the features of the Sub-Archetype Enforcer to better work with Abilities.
- The Lesser Talent Extended Weaponry now grants proficiency with all weapon categories instead of just one.
- The Ability Physical Projectile can now be upcasted to increase the distance it can move the target.
- The online character sheet and creature builder have been expanded and now include an option to increase the number of stackable Talents and Traits instead of having to add them multiple times. They now also include text input slots for Talents and Traits with a more open choice, like My only Weakness or Specialized Camouflage.
- The first Boss creature Elder Fire Dragon has been added to the creature search engine.
- We have three new Lesser Talents: Air Walker, Deadly Grip, and Enhanced by Damage.
- We have three new Abilities: Spider Step, Floating, and Greater Supernatural Step.
- The Trait Stationary is now called Immobile, and a new Trait called Stationary has been added.
- The Lesser Tallent Far Shot now gives +10 m to the effective range and +20 m to the ineffective range of ranged weapons instead of making the effective range equal to the ineffective range and doubling the ineffective range.
- The upgrade Extended Range now gives +5 m to the effective range and +10 m to the ineffective range of ranged weapons instead of +5 m to the effective range and +10 m to the ineffective range
- The Greater Talent Advanced Holy Damage can now regenerate Vitality or Temporary Vitality instead of just Vitality.
- The Greater Talent Advanced Spirit Damage can now increase your Evasion, Armor, or DRs by 3 instead of your Evasion and DRs by an amount equal to the Tier of the used Ability.
- Four new mechanical creatures: Automated Turret, Healing Drone, Military Automaton, and Robo Dog.
- Seven new Abilities: Flash, Knock Prone, Sudden Wound, Taint, Stun, Drain Vigor, and Encroaching Madness.
- Twelve new Lesser Talents: Enhanced by Bleeding, Enhanced by Blinding, Enhanced by Charm, Enhanced by Element, Enhanced by Exhaustion, Enhanced by Fright, Enhanced by Madness, Enhanced by Prone, Enhanced by Restrain, Enhanced by Stun, Enhanced by Taint, Enhanced by Taunting
- The Warrior Sub-Archetype was reworked and simplified.
- Dissolving Grenade, Freezing Grenade, and Shock Grenade can now be upcasted for extra damage and are Damage Abilities.
- Swoop Attack was corrected and now allows the use of the Shove action instead of the Move action as it was intended.
- Restrain Enemy now cost 5 WP instead of 6 and is no longer a Debuff Ability.
- Fear is no longer a Debuff Ability.
- Tainted Grenade now costs 3 WP instead of 6 and is no longer a Debuff Ability.
- Restrain Enemies is now called Restraining Grenade, costs 5 WP instead of 8, only restrains enemies for one round, and is no longer a Debuff Ability.
- Restraining Ground now costs 11 WP instead of 12.
- Exhausting Ground and Maddening Ground now cost 10 WP instead of 11.
- Restraining Crush now costs 7 WP instead of 8.
The official 1.0.0 release.